Recipes of the Poolside Bar’s Most Popular Cocktails
September is the perfect time to experience the Sunshine State and avoid the summer humidity. And what’s better when you’re relaxing under the warm Florida sun than a tropical cocktail to relax and unwind?
At Vista Cay Resort, our bartenders serve up delicious cocktails at our poolside bar. If you want to keep the party going back in your vacation condo, you can also mix up drinks in your fully-equipped kitchen! These are some of our guests’ favorite cocktails, and they’ll leave you positively shaken and stirred.
The Dirty Banana is a cocktail that’s synonymous with the Caribbean. Sipping on this thick, delicious drink is a first dip in the pool moment that will set the tone for a blissful Orlando vacation experience.
- 1 oz. dark rum
- 1 oz. Crème de Cacao Dark
- 3 oz. milk
- 0.5 oz. simple syrup
- 1 banana
- In a blender add ice and all other ingredients. Blend until smooth (about 30 seconds).
Ya Mon! Dive into the taste of Jamaica with a Bob Marley-inspired drink that rides the waves of layered, fruity flavor. Enjoy this refreshing cocktail as you lounge at our resort style pool, and it’s vacation mode ON.
- 2 oz. strawberry daiquiri mix
- 2 oz. mango daiquiri mix
- 2.0 oz. Appleton gold rum
- 1.0 oz. Blue Curaçao liqueur
- Throw some ice and the strawberry daiquiri mix in a blender. Blend until the ingredients are slushy. Pour or scoop out the mixture into a glass to make the first layer of your cocktail.
- Repeat the blending process with the mango daiquiri and ice. Once these ingredients are slushy, add half of the mango mixture to your glass for your second cocktail layer. Do not stir.
- For your third layer add Blue Curaçao to the remaining mango mixture in the blender. Expect your mixture to turn green. Once this happens add the mixture to your glass. Do not stir
- You can add more rum on top of your layers if you wish as a float. Add to taste.
- Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
At our poolside bar, the Miami Vice is a popular way to kick off your amazing Orlando getaway. It's two frozen drinks combined, a Piña Colada and a Strawberry Daiquiri, and it will transport you straight to the beach.
- 1.5 oz. white rum
- 2 oz. strawberry daiquiri mix
- .5 oz. lime juice
- 1.5 oz. dark rum
- 2 oz. piña colada mix
- .5 oz. pineapple juice
- Throw some ice in a blender. Blend the strawberry daiquiri mix with the Appleton white rum, lime juice and ice until mixture is slushy. Set mixture aside in a mixing glass.
- Blend the piña colada mix with the dark rum, pineapple juice and ice until mixture is slushy.
- Pour both mixtures in one cocktail glass. Do not stir.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and serve.
Key Lime Pie Martini
Enjoy the taste of the Florida Keys with a yummy new take on the classic martini. It’s your favorite Florida dessert in a glass complete with a graham cracker rim!
- 1 oz. Vanilla Schnapps liqueur
- 2 oz. citrus vodka
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. cream
- Whipped cream
- Lime wheel
- Graham crackers, smashed into a fine powder
- Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake and strain into a graham cracker-rimmed glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a lime wheel.
The Ultimate Margarita
Spice things up with the ultimate margarita recipe that’s made with just three easy ingredients and features a hint of subtle smokiness. Island time activated!
- 1 1/2 ounces of combined silver tequila and mezcal
- 1 ounce Cointreau (or substitute Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- 3/4 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Optional sweetener: agave nectar or simple syrup, to taste
- Lime wedge and coarse salt for rimming the glass
- Salt the rim by running a lime wedge around the top rim of your serving glass. Fill a plate with salt, then dip the rim until covered.
- Make the margarita mix by adding tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and a few ice cubes to a cocktail shaker. Shake or stir for about 10 seconds, until combined. Stir in your desired amount of agave or simple syrup to taste.
- Fill a serving glass with ice and pour in the margarita mix. Garnish with a lime slice.
These delicious drink ideas have got us longing for a Florida vacation getaway ASAP! And when you stay at Vista Cay Resort, you can take advantage of our first-class service and amenities or keep it close to home in your immaculate condo with a fully equipped kitchen. Either way, it’s time to party!